Thank you for making yesterday a special day of worship! It was good to celebrate Scout Sunday and to pray blessings on our leaders. I also appreciate your engagement with our sermon on healthy physical touch - please know that though our Love Languages series is complete your pastoral team is here for you if you would like to discuss this topic further.
We now turn our focus to the Lenten Season as we walk with God to the cross. There are many ways for you to engage with the congregation during this time of intentional discipleship and faith development.
- Messy Church: Join us tonight at 6pm as we offer an opportunity for children and families to learn more about this season. All participants will be invited to make a “acts of kindness” bag to use throughout the season.
- Ash Wednesday: We will gather for a potluck at 6pm, and will worship together at 7pm as we celebrate Christ as our good shepherd. We know that many of you have difficulty with late nights, so there is an opportunity to receive ashes to go starting at 6:30pm. You are invited to bring a dish to share!
- Sunday small groups: We will be offering two small groups on Sunday to discuss the scriptures and the disciplines that are helping us grow in our faith. Join us on Sunday mornings at 9:30am in the church library or evenings at 5:30pm at Martin City Brewery.
- Devotionals: There will be a weekly devotional that follows our sermon series available every Sunday. Pick one up at the information table in the lobby.
- Photo-A-Day Challenge: Join the Rethink Church photo-a-day challenge. Follow our Facebook page for more details, and tag the church as you post your pictures through Lent.
Our scripture this Sunday is from John 11, and we will dive into Christ’s promise of resurrection and life.
See you in church!