Mary Magdalene went and announced to the disciples, ‘I have seen the Lord’; and she told them that he had said these things to her. - John 20:18
What an Easter celebration we have enjoyed together! I am so thankful for all of you who made Holy Week and Easter such a special time in the life of our church. It would not be possible without our ministry teams and lay leaders - from worship leading to planning an egg hunt (for over 100 kiddos!), from the beautiful living cross to the rose petals and flower seeds in worship - and everything in between. You truly proclaimed the Gospel through your words, actions and hospitality. Thank you!
Our Easter celebration continues this week:
- Children and Youth Sunday at 8:30am & 10:30am: Our children and youth lead both worship services this week. I know that it will be a Sunday that you will not want to miss!
- Big Sonia Documentary Screening Sunday Night at 6:30pm: Later that day we are hosting a free showing of the documentary Big Sonia. Nursery care and popcorn will be provided.
As we move through the Easter celebration we will continue to remember our call to share the Gospel. Coming soon:
- Synergy Series Starts Sunday, April 15th: Our next sermon series, Synergy, based on a book by Ann Michel, celebrates the ways we can work with God to change the world using the energy that comes from an interaction of our unique gifts, the gifts of others in our community and the Spirit’s guidance.
- Synergy Small Group Starts Sunday, April 15th at 9:30am: A new small group to dive deeper into the book Synergy begins in room 239.
- MCB Group Restarts Sunday, April 15th at 5:30pm: Join our high energy group at Martin City Brewery as we explore our faith together. While the adults meet at the brewery, children are welcome at the church for fun activities and dinner starting at 5pm.
- All Church Leadership Retreat on Saturday, May 19th: All church leadership retreat - mark your calendars now, and stay tuned for more information!
Let us continue to celebrate that Christ is risen - He is risen, indeed!