Last week we celebrated the first Sunday of Advent,and proclaimed the hope that we find in and through Christ — even when the world seems a little chaotic. This Sunday we will light the second candle and remember God’s love for us and for the world.
The word will be proclaimed through a special Christmas program, “No Ordinary Baby.” Both services will be led by our children and youth, and we will sing some favorite Christmas hymns. You will not want to miss it!
Coupled with our sermon series, we will have weekly mini prayer retreats to explore a variety of prayer practices. This week we will be focused on mind and imagination, and together we will practice the process of Lectio Divina, or divine reading of scripture. I hope that you will join us for these retreats on Sunday afternoons at 4pm. Childcare will be provided.
We have so much to celebrate in these coming weeks! Be sure to mark your calendars for these upcoming events:
- December 10th: Christmas Program at 8:30am and 10:30am
- December 10th: Prayer Retreat 4pm focused on mind and imagination prayer
- December 16th: Breakfast with Santa from 9:00-10:30am
- December 17th: A service of joy at 8:30am and 10:30am
- December 17th: Prayer retreat at 4pm, Christmas Caroling at 5pm followed by fellowship at the parsonage
- December 18th: Messy Church Christmas Eve!
- December 20th: Wednesday Night Worship Blue Christmas
- December 24th: A service of peace at 10:00am, Christmas Eve candlelight service at 5pm and 10pm
See you in church!